Monday, September 11, 2006

Update

Hello everyone.

It's great we have so many people contacting us wanting to organise fundraising events! We have so many! Brilliant!

I went to see Charlotte on Thursday afternoon. She had just come out of theatre when i arrived and the doctors had decided, after having difficulty getting the tube down Charlotte's throat to ventilate her for the grafting operation, that she wasn't quite ready to have the tube taken out. So she was ventilated over night and up until about 3 pm the next day. They extubated her, which was very uncomfortable as she was quite awake, and she had to have an oxygen mask straight away as her O2 saturation levels were very low. She has remained on the oxygen mask since, as her chest was not open and clear enough for her to take in enough of the oxygen she was breathing in.

She is also now being nursed on her stomach, which apparently is not quite as bad as she'd thought it would be. When Charlotte came round from the sedation she was very tearful and upset. She told me she "couldn't cope anymore" and asked for many hugs while i was there. She is definitely finding it difficult. When Rachel went to see her on Sunday Charlotte had a massive tantrum and swore and swore... very loudly, screaming infact, which i think made her feel better!

As far as i know Charlotte's breathing is getting better and better by the day and she's feeling relatively bright in herself. She had an operation today to take off the temporary 'dressing' type thing off today. I'll have to find out more about it and post another blog tomorrow!

I thinks that's pretty much all i know for now.

Hope everyone is well! Keep the messages coming!

Love Sophie

x X x

1 Comments:

Blogger El Stannage said...

Hey Charlotte,

I see from Sophie's update that your breathing's getting a bit easier, I'm so glad. I know you're going through it honey but you're getting better all the time. You're so strong beautiful one!

I really wish I could come see you, I keep dreaming about you being all better and full of energy and life, (lots of sarcasm and cheekiness too, so my dreams know what they're on about). You'll get there!

I'm glad to hear you've been screaming your head off about how awful things are for you honey, it's so much better to let all that stuff out than keep it inside. I hope you're finding things to smile about too.

Sending you loads of love and wishing I could be there to give you lots of big hugs, Eli x x x x x x x

PS Can't wait until you can email back and let me know how you're doing!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home